Importing a NACHA file to create a payment
You can import a balanced NACHA format file to create an ACH Batch, ACH Collection, or Payroll payment. When you import a NACHA format file, the system verifies the contents of the file before we process it. If the file is missing required information, the system will prompt you for the information. If the file has any errors, the system displays an error message because it cannot process the file. If that happens, correct the errors in the file and try to upload the corrected file.
To import a NACHA file to create a payment
- In the navigation Commercial > Payments. , click or tap
- On the Payments page, in the New Payment drop-down list, click or tap Payment From File.
- Do the following:
- In the Payment Type drop-down list, select the payment type.
- Click or tap Select a file to import. The Open dialog box appears.
- In the Open dialog box, locate the file that you want to upload, and click or tap Open. The process to locate the file varies, depending on your device.
- On the Payment From File page, click or tap Upload File. If we need additional information to process the file, the Payment from File ‑ Additional Information page appears.
- (Optional) On the Payment from File ‑ Additional Information page, the fields that appear depend on the missing information. Do the following:
- Select an ACH Class Code.
- Select the Pay From/Pay To account.
- Select the Company/Subsidiary.
- Select the Process Date or Effective Date.
- (Optional) Enter a Company Entry Description.
- Select a Company/Subsidiary.
- (Optional) If you have multiple Recipients, click or tap Single-Entry or Recurring on the Set All To: menu. This option is available when you select an ACH Class code of WEB or TEL, and you can change individual Payment Type Codes in the Recipient information row.
- Click or tap Draft or Approve.
- In the success message, do one of the following:
- Click or tap Close.
- Click or tap View in Activity Center.
Note: You can see the recipients and recipient information in a table on the Payment From File - Additional Information page. The table is read-only if the ACH Class Code is PPD or CCD. However, if the ACH Class Code is WEB or TEL, you need to set the Payment Type Code in the Recipients table.
Tip: If the file wasn't uploaded, an error message will prompt you to edit the file before resubmitting it.